Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Did it again and feel stupid

They are beautiful stories that will become memories with your boy @ArraDreaming 

I also did the Child Centred approach, which has a lot of benefits and positive aspects. Do not want to be too sentimental and Hearing you about an issue with balance. I also was so good at compliance that I complied with my little children, but when adult authority was necessary it was not possible to be heard.

My son is also struggling with it with my grandson.  He (grandson) has been raised with too much control and while it is very cute for us all to submit to being told which way to go by a 3 year old when we meet in the park, it is not really the best for all parties in the long run....  which is why I really love the role of RESPECT and indigenous concept of ELDER. 

Tbh I think society as a whole is a little out of whack as even though kids are wonderful and great and all that, but probably not best steering the ship ... and before someone jumps in with a cute photo of a kid steering a ship ... that only can happen if the child has been taught properly and listened.  So parenting is more than play ... but all that play you have done with your boy should be good investment when you are trying to get a little legit authority in the relationship.  

I don’t know why I keep doing this it’s like I can’t help myself

Hey @ArraDreaming, just wanted to check in on you. Is everything okay over there? 

@Sirius Yeah, just pulled out some of those docs again, was a bit painful 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance