Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

That's such a good feeling @Determined, throwing out bags of rubbish Smiley Happy

@Determined 

2 large garbage bags gone off your desk = 🙌🙌

Two bagfuls is pretty substantial @Determined. You'll get there. 🙂

The little spare desk space I had has boxes of precious books from Mum and Dad's place filling in the gap. Really need more book space, dunno whether it should be via a book cull or via extra shelving. Possibly a bit of both.

cleared desk.jpg

Really got things the wrong way around today. One thing led to another...

Got some "reduced to clear" meat last night at the supermarket that needed to be cooked today. While fishing things out of the freezer and cupboard to go with it, I came across other less perishable things that also really needed using up.

As a result I've made hedgehog slice from bikkies that were past their "best" (tastes yummy and fudgy); I've reduced some stale bread to breadcrumbs to make it easy to use up; the cheap chook bits from last night have been cooked in a curry mix that included some ageing coconut and curry leaves; the cheap turkey bits are slowly cooking "confit" style in the dripping I found in the freezer; I've done a good tidy up of half of a small kitchen cupboard and turfed some rubbish.... and the lovely sunny perfect-for -gardening day outside is reaching it's end, and it's due to rain tomorrow. Waah! Smiley Frustrated

@Smc  Productive day = 🙌

It did not go unnoticed that you got half a small kitchen cupboard tidied.😁😁😁

And a bit less cluttering up the pantry, fridge and freezer...

The pantry in particular has become too cluttered here. One of the many things I "used to do" but which has dropped off is baking. Because I was baking/cooking/preserving a lot from scratch, I'd bought up lots of ingredients for assorted recipes, but I've been lacking time and energy (mostly energy) necessary to put them to good use. So they sit there gradually getting stale. Smiley Frustrated

If  I can get enough of the pantry contents used up, I can make a fresh start with things I am actually likely to use at the moment, and maybe slowly get back to the more exotic cookery I used to do.

Already updated this on my usual thread but had extra that more suited here. And I thought it may give some who don't follow my thread a laugh. 

We had a home maintenance win here today in that we finally located a water leak that I initally attributed a damp area to holding water from rain (it is a low area with a clay base and there is drainage points in place due to this. Anyway to alleviate my darlings fears I began monitirong the water meter and concluded that we were using more water than we should be.

So I began digging and could not find the pipe where logic said it should be. So I decided to dig a trench  just inside and along the boundary. Srarting in line with the meter and out 2m each side. When I finally found the pipe (2m from where I thought it should be) and followed it I came to the conclusion that it must have been layed on a Friday afternoon after a few too many Friday coolies. Not only does it not start out in a logical direction it is not in a straight line lol. Even from the t junction out the pipes head off at a bizarre and illogical and wandering route. 

Anyway despite further monitoring required I think our problem is solved 😁

See above 

Screenshot_20190617-212310_Samsung Internet.jpg

It is always a bummer when home maintainance is a result of things breaking rather than planned renovations @Determined

Trust you make good progress this week at your parents place @Smc.  

Lol @Former-Member if it was only me I had to worry about I would be happy to live in a shed. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance