Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Thekindone
Senior Contributor

Day time

Does anyone have any strategies for making the morning a more gentle, warming up, slow experience? At the moment I find myself waking up in panic and anxiety about what the day holds and my usual anxiety circle clouds my head. What can I do to help this? 

29 REPLIES 29
Bow
Senior Contributor

Re: Day time

Could you some how wake to some calming music? Have a warm cuppa outside in the sunshine? Go for a walk?

Gwynn
Senior Contributor

Is the anxiety about uncertainty what the day holds?

Hello @Thekindone I occasionally listen to Ghandarva music which is Indian music that is designed to attune you to the cycles of time.  Its more complex music than western music and Ghandarva is supported by science.  Maharishi used to get his devotees to listen to it.  I just listen to his label of music which is available on you tube for free.  I think you can also buy ghandarva music online.  The morning melody I listen to goes from 7am-10am but I will listen to it earlier.  Its meant to attune you to the cosmos so you are aligned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-3h4fkColQ  There are other melodies on you tube for different time frames but you will love what it can do for you.  It makes me happy and calm in the mornings.

Thank you very kindly, I will try this ❤️

Hello @Thekindone  for what is worth I have this problem some mornings as well, this is a well done real topic thank you for bringing it up.

What works for sometimes, is having a list or plan, of must do, and push my self through the feeling , and love the walk idea, will add that too. Have tried Music but not the Indian style, will try it, that feeling is so overwhelming sometimes I just lay frozen, and concentrate on trying to breath it out, sometimes it’s so debilitating, Don’t want to sound religious, but I say my prayers and that helps me along the way , just glad to read I am not the only one with this, your post has made my day 👍

May try the walk around the park, find music to be soenthing to go to when I'm happy. But I will try the walk, thank you

Partly yes

@SmilingGecko @Thekindone @Clawde 

I have been struggling with this. I'm ok if I wake up through the night and it is still dark, I'm relatively calm because I know it's not time to get up yet. 

But as soon as my alarm goes off and I have to get up (if I have work which for the last 2 days I have) it's like a panicked fright inside me. I'm not sure. I think thos morning I started praying until I forced myself to throw back the covers and get up. But it was hard.

I'm the opposite, if I have work I am calmer. Strange isn't it
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance