Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Daily goals, motivation and check in

Hi all,

I hope people are doing well this Sunday.

I seem to struggle the most on weekends. Too little happening to distract me, so boring. Yesterday ended up a realy down day.

Today I set a plan to take the electric bike for a ride but didn't realise I had forgotten to turn the charger on last night!

It is sunny here today so thinking about a walk instead.

I guess I should hang washing out. I've been putting that off for hours!

Main goal today is not to let bordome and disinterest bring me down like it did yesterday. Contact from the ex didn't help either.

Tomorrow I have an appointment at the hospital. That I hope will give some structure to the day.

Hi @SadUnicorn and welcome to the forums.  Hoping you got the washing seen to as you planned to while it was sunny where you are.  I got some study work done, which is something, because I have been feeling rather flat lately - battling a soon2bX in the courts at the moment 🤬😤

Thought I would drop a hello in here to you too @Former-Member ..... hope it's been an okay day for you.

yes @Faith-and-Hope managed the washing and did take the walk if only 1/2 hour.

I'm the good time of night now with meds done and looking forward to bed.

What are you studying? Learning is good.

"battling a soon2bX" is part of thing for me atm, trying to keep things as settled as possible b4 courts involved but grrr.

Did get to speak with 2 of the kids so that's something good.

Wishes for a good sleep tonight - important for study

Thanks @SadUnicorn ..... yeah, my kids are caught in the middle of s2bX's manipulations and:pile_of_poo: ..... not fun.  They are going to have to work it out in hindsight.

I am studying art, and loving it .... it's given me a lot else to focus on to help handle the stress of the rest of it. Heading to bed shortly.

@Faith-and-Hope so glad that in your study you have found something you love 🙂

I love sailing and it is a goal to get back into that somehow - a lot of physical and mental to deal with first.

I have done lot of self directed study in several fields, just not much motivaton for it last 3 months - hope to put it all to good use one day

I did manage the hospital appointment today, but a treatment changed to something un-affordable.

Contact from the ex again sees me home in a low mood. The bs so annoys me . She tells the kids money tight and they must go without but it is actually the opposite for her atm so why deprive the 4 girls? Golly I took all debts with me! She gets covid money fortnightly too despite not looking for work the last 18 years. As a pensioner I don't. The 2 stimulus payment she also received. Seems unfair as I try to get esential together for my flat and try to pay legacy debt. I left most behind for the sake of the kids, still paying some bills for the same.

It is becoming clear my contact with the kids is a point of manipulation too 😞

I am hoping they work out things in hindsight too - sometimes there are signs of it but it doesn't last long.

Tomorrow's plan is to achieve two walks and go to an At Work Aus appointment. Might even do the washing up after.

Looking for work is a strategy to find something to focus on. A few hours I think would change a lot of things.

Feel a little better after typing this. Stay well all 🙂

Hello and hugs @SadUnicorn xxxxx

Hello @Teej , @Faith-and-Hope , @eth  , @WIP 

@SadUnicorn @Shaz51  Hey SadUnicorn and hugs to you my sister Shaz51 :). Wishing you both a warm and kind night. May you both have a beautiful evening ahead. Love peaxxx

Hugs to you my sister  @greenpea  xxx xxx

Hello @Teej , @SadUnicorn , @Faith-and-Hope , @eth 

I ammmfelling very arrrrg about my beautiful  mum xxx 

❤️ @Shaz51 ....,,

Stick to your integrity @SadUnicorn ..... that is what will matter to the kids and your relationship in the longer term.  They need to see a track record of integrity.  I am telling myself this along with you, by the way.  I hope things get easier for you financially soon.

@Faith-and-Hope  integrity is everything to me, ultimately why I had to leave the abuse.Just hope the kids do see the why and what I have done to protect them. Always missing them.

A bike ride with the kids is planned for the weekend, hoping they can attend. Learned how to cook one of the twins favorrite foods gormet style at cooking class so hoping they enjoy. She likes cooking so hoping it is an experience we can do together - without packets! lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance