Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

thats what im hoping @Former-Member it seems to sound better coming from a gp so will see how i go, if not i might write a note for pop to give to dr and work it out that way...
pop wasnt to well on the sunday he was coming home and is abit sick again tonight so am watching abit more tonight.

of course, change is tricky for sure. it can also be hard not to make mountains out of molehills and the challanges you face in your situation id be abit unsettled too. i do hope everything works out for the best though.
please know you can tag me anytime if you need to talk or anything, sending my best wishes and hugs Heart
Former-Member
Not applicable

How did you get on this week @outlander

Hi @Former-Member
Im having some vision troubles so making it hard to type much. Sorry for the delays Thanks for asking, not sure if its new meds or need to see optometrist again.
Weeks been busy and weekend too-never seems to stop here...

How are you going? How are you adjusting to this lifestyle?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Vision problems = 😬

Have you checked side effects and interactions @outlander?  Hoping it is something easily remedied.

Did get a little more paperwork sorting done today (not as much ss I could have), brought in enough wood for the heater for this evening and cooked tea but took my time (was really quite a lazy day).  It has been raining on and off so not the weather for outdoor activity. 

Hi @Former-Member
My apologies! I was just coming to check in on you and realised i missed your post!

Vision troubles are part of the side effects yep but its been happening for a little while was just exacerbated by meds i think. Im suppose to have 6 monthly check ups  at optometrist  haveny been in a yr. Stupid me.

How are you going?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Know the feeling of time flying, things cropping up and not making appts in a timely fashion @outlander. I am now putting reminders in my phone calendar so I don't forget.

Would you like an odd gentle reminder to make a booking? 

In between doing what is necessary and getting some much needed R & R I am slowly decluttering. Made a little more progress today.

Ive been so busy with work and family commitments and trying to get things sorted for pop i varey have time to breathe atm.
Im going to make an appt in the coming weeks once things settle and a few appts are out of the way. Well hopefully anyway...
Have drs tomorrow though as i need to check and see if i broke my toe. I really hope not!

Yes you sure do need some r &r with everything you have been doing. Im glad progress has been made today though. Well done xoxo @Former-Member
Former-Member
Not applicable

What happened to your toe @outlander?

Pop dropped a rope reel on my foot @Former-Member was trying to do a makeshift fence as a tree broke our horses and he dropped it instead of placing it down.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Ouch @outlander

Will check in later to see how you got on.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance