Skip to main content

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

@Former-Member

Ty, you’ve inspired me to start another jigsaw. My problem with buying them from op shops is I’m scared there’s pieces missing. 🙂

What’s your favourite puzzle 🧩?

My problem with buying them from op shops is I’m scared there’s pieces missing.-- they should be all checked before selling them @Icare20 

i used to do all the jigsaw puzzles first when they come into our op shop

if there was any missing , i would throw them out @Former-Member , @Icare20 

I was given a 1000piece dogs puzzle

and i have a ¬imossible Puzzle¬ which has no border

Funnily enough @Icare20 

and @Shaz51 I did recently encounter a problem with an opshop jigsaw, found a piece that did not fit in and sure enough was one bit short to complete my puzzle. I reckon someone may have discretely swapped some pieces over as the puzzle was packed in a ziplock bag to keep all the pieces together. I am planning on ringing them but they are only open for a few hours twice a week.

I tend to go for puzzles without too much sky, often picking shop/ market/ building/ farm/  garden themes with 500 or 1000 pieces @Icare20, do you have any preferences?

When decluttering I did donate a few puzzles to the MH ward that Mr D was on as they usually had one on the go there.

@Adge  Mr Darcy finds doing jigsaws difficult.

Well @Icare20 There's the Map of Australia Jigsaw (that my client loves) - it has all the state borders, so many different animals, so much detail (& activity going on) in it.

Including Crocodiles wearing Sunglasses (sun-baking), & Cockatoos riding surfboards, etc. Educational, yet also very funny....

Then there's the Map of the Whole World Jigsaw (client also loves) - with every continent in it.

So much detail, so many different animals (in it), & so many different cultures & people shown - it's complicated, & takes quite a bit of prompting (& help) for my client to get far with doing it.

Adge

Was wondering about getting a world map @Adge as I am a bit rusty on my geography and thought it might be educational as well as relaxing 😁.

I've got this beach scene, it got a few people and an old Holden on it, a lovely photo from the 60s 70s I think, I'm house sitting at the moment but when I get home, I'm on it 😃

Mr Darcy finds doing jigsaws difficult.--- same here @Former-Member 

Mr shaz can not do jigsaws, games reading Smiley Sad

My client's World Map Jigsaw looks a bit like this one @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Icare20

Except that it has far more detail than this one....

Win a world map jigsaw puzzle | National Geographic Kids

@Alex4 

You might pick up some practical tips in this discussion thread.

@Songs58 

You might pick up some helpful tips in this discussion thread.