Skip to main content

Re: Carers Hints and tips to Success

@Mrsjones  @nymeria92  

Yiy might pick up some tips that might be helpful scrolling through this discussion thread.

images (26).jpeg

images (7).jpeg

@ACETEAM3  you might pick up some tips and hints here ... feel free to post as well.Smiley Very Happy

learning-patience.jpg

@Scoo 

You might find some tips in this discussion thread.

images (67).jpeg

@JS1 

You might pick up some hints in this discussion thread.

7-pillars-English-Version-e1567411510260.png

@Icare20 

Doing jigsaws is actually good for your health and is shown to have a number of benefits. I find them to be a good form of relaxation. I have never been one for yoga and other traditonal forms of mindfulness. An article I read puts it like this:  "Talk about being fully in the moment. When working on a jigsaw puzzle, my worries melt away as my attention remains laser-focused on one thing: where does this puzzle piece fit? It is similar to gazing at a painting in a museum. Looking intently at the beautiful image in front of me is relaxing, and according to some studies, can translate to physical benefits, including lowered blood pressure."

When I do a jigsaw I usually focus on it and as another article I read, enjoy a break from technology and improve my memory at the same time. 

To keep cost down, I usually buy jigsaws at 2nd hand shops and donate them back when I am done.

DdUmTHCW0AAHdnV.jpg

References:

https://www.guideposts.org/better-living/health-and-wellness/living-longer-living-better/6-surprisin...igsaw-puzzles

http://www.southmountainmemorycare.com/blog/30-7-surprising-benefits-of-doing-jigsaw-puzzles-for-all...

I love doing jigsaw puzzles @iCare , @Former-Member 

but i have not done one for ages

have to get back to doing them Smiley Very Happy

@Adge, @Kasey13 , @Smc , @kayjee 

I do not like doing jigsaw puzzles @Shaz51 I find them far too frustrating, especially 500 (small) piece puzzles.

So I never completed any of those (as a teen or adult).

However, since I am regularly having to help my disabled client do her jigsaw puzzles.

She loves doing jigsaw puzzles (only 50 to 100 piece ones), yet she gets stuck sometimes - so I have to help her to figure it out.

So I am having to "learn to love doing jigsaws" (whether I like it or not).

Yes, it's rubbing off on me (a little bit)....

Adge

ahhhhh that is nice @Adge Smiley Very Happy

50 to 100 piece ones are good

i have done big ones like 1500 pieces but i am finding hard to find time to continue

I might do some 5oo piece ones might be good to do